Dr. Domoff presented, “Preventing Problematic Media Use in Vulnerable Children” as the keynote speaker at the Christian Alliance for Orphans OVC Applied Research and Best Practice Symposium on May 8, 2019.
Category: Uncategorized (Page 2 of 4)
Dr. Domoff will present, “Child Development in the Digital Age: Impacts of Excessive Screen Time on Social-Emotional Skills and Achievement” at the Schooling Social Brains Conference in New York City on May 4, 2019.
Dr. Domoff and graduate student Ryan Foley presented at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory at the Digital Media and Developing Minds, 2nd Congress on October 15-18, 2018.
Three presentations were accepted at this congress:
- Enhancing youth engagement in smartphone-based EMA research using gamification principles and eMoodie app.
- Use of passive sensing to quantify adolescent mobile device usage: Feasibility and acceptability of the eMoodie app.
- Addictive phone use and academic performance in U.S. adolescents.* Selected for a Flash Talk.
Dr. Domoff presented, “Screen Media Addiction in Children: A New Disorder in the Digital Age?” at the Dartmouth College Ninth Annual Thematic Meeting on Addiction on September 26, 2018.
Dr. Domoff presented, “Mobile devices and tablets: How to increase positive interactions with children and families around screen time” at the Michigan Head Start Association Fall Assembly in Mackinaw Island, MI on September 20th, 2018.
Dr. Domoff was awarded $405,000 by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health & Human Development for her grant, “Improving parent-child interactions to prevent obesity in early childhood” (1R21HD093944).
Dr. Sarah Domoff will lead a workshop on “Help Teens with Social Media Use: Clinician Training on the Development of Healthy Social Media Practices” for social workers in Bay City, Michigan, on May 24, 2018.
Honors Student Chelsea Robinson presented research at the State Capitol last week:
Chelsea Robinson also presented research to CMU President Dr. George E. Ross:
Dr. Sarah Domoff led a workshop on “Addressing Problematic Media Use in Children” for counselors and social workers in Grand Rapids, Michigan on February 15, 2018. This opportunity was sponsored by the Western Michigan Counseling Association.
Dr. Sarah Domoff will lead a workshop on “Addressing Social Media Use in Children: Best Practices for Clinicians in the Digital Age” at the Great Hall Banquet and Convention Center in Midland, Michigan on February 22, 2018.
– Understand how screen media and mobile device use impacts children’s social-emotional development.
– Distinguish between normative vs. problematic use of screen media during childhood & adolescence.
– Describe assessments and interventions for problematic use of screen media by children and adolescents.